Salmon With Curried Vanilla Rum-Butter Sauce
I must say that the sauce is the star here and please don't feel limited to using it only with salmon. I've used it successfully with grilled shrimp and a roast chicken too.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1⁄4 cup amber colored rum
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 1 tablespoon thai green curry paste (or more for more spiciness*)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter, unsalted
- 6 (4 -6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- salt and pepper
- Prepare salmon fillets and grill, bake or poach the salmon fillets until just done while making the sauce. Keep warm until sauce is complete.
- SAUCE:Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion, garlic and ginger until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla bean, wine, rum and curry paste. Bring to a boil and reduce by half. Add cream, return to a boil, and reduce by half again.
- Remove sauce from heat and whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. Pass sauce through a fine strainer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Puddle a small amount of sauce on each plate. Place the salmon fillets on sauce, and then pour sauce over tops of fillets. Garnish with chopped chives or parsley and lemon slices.
- * Can be found in Asian specialty stores.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION