These are my nephew's favorite thing I make. We like 'em with tater tots and buttered peas.
- Ready In:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pink salmon, well drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 package saltine, crushed
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- Place salmon in medium bowl and add all ingredients except margarine.
- Mix well with hands.
- Spray electric skillet with non-stick spray and heat to 325 degrees F.
- Shape salmon mixture into 9 patties and place in skillet.
- Add half of the margarine in chunks all around.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip and add 2nd half of margarine chunks.
- Lower heat to 300 F.
- Cook 10 minutes more.
- Serve with cocktail sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a correction of my previous review as well as an explanation, and I do apologise. I only found out after I'd made the recipe, that "1 packet saltines" means exactly 2 biscuits of the English cream cracker type!! (We do not not have saltines in South Africa). Therefore, using a 200 g/7 ounce box of lightly salted cocktail biscuits was obviously too much -- no wonder I found the result too dry. But I'd still suggest using about 3 - 4 ounces of crumbly, savoury cocktail biscuits. It really gave the fish cakes a great taste.Reply