Salmon and Tomato Bake
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to moderate = 180°C.
- Drain the salmon and reserve the juice from the tin. Remove any skin and bones from the salmon and seperate the fish into large flakes.
- In another bowl, combine the salmon juice and the lemon juice.
- Spread 1/4 of the cooked rice into the base of a greased casserole dish. Add 1/3 of the salmon and sprinkle over some of the lemon juice mixture. Next add a layer of tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper and some of the shallots.
- Add two more layers of the rice, salmon. tomatoes and shallots. Finish with a layer of rice.
- Pour the melted butter over the final rice layer and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes- should be very hot all the way through. Stand 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A good, simple recipe. Tasted pretty good and I liked it. I would like to try it nex time with adding the cheese in the middle layers too. I also disvered that 4 cups of rice was not enough rice and next time I think I will make six cups. I would also discard the juice from the samlon and just use the lemon juice. Otherwise, I found the dish to taste too fishy.