Saffron Roasted Cauliflower
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread, lightly crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped for topping
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Heat olive oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add saffron, coriander, garlic, shallot and 1 teaspoon of salt and cook, stirring until shallot is translucent and the oil turns yellow - about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, lemon juice and 1/3 cup water.
- Increase the heat to medium high and cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower turns yellow and water has mostly evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven,.
- Roast stirring halfway through, until cauliflower is tender and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and sprinkle with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"