Romantic Seafood Soup for Two
- Ready In:
- 1hr 33mins
- 1⁄2 onion, thin sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion, including tops
- 1 1⁄2 garlic, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 bay leaf
- 8 ounces crabmeat (or firm white fish cubed)
- 8 ounces shrimp
- 4 scallops (and, or clams in the shell)
- Combine onions and garlic and cook, covered, over low heat until soft, stirring frequently so they don't scorch.
- Add parsley, bell pepper, tomato sauce, wine, water, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper and bay leaf and slow simmer, covered, for 1 hour checking from time to time for liquid and add if any is needed.
- Add crab or white fish, shrimp, scallops or clams and cook, covered, for 8-10 minutes or until scallops or clam shells open.
- Discard any shells that do not open.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!