Roasted Potatoes With Rosemary, Lemon and Thyme
from Fine Cooking #88. I love roasted potatoes!
- Ready In:
- 1 lemon, zest of, large removed in long strips with a vegetable peeler
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, more as needed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 lb potato, peeled, scrubbed, and cut into 1-inch pieces (red, yellow or russet)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the lemon zest and oil. Set over medium-low heat and cook until the lemon zest bubbles steadily for about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and let cool briefly, about 3 minutes. Stir in the herbs and let sit at least 20 minutes before using.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 475°F Line a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet with parchment. In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with the infused olive oil, the salt, and a few grinds of pepper.
- Turn the potatoes out onto the baking sheet and arrange the pieces so that they are evenly spaced and lying on a cut side. If the pieces cover the baking sheet sparsely, arrange them toward the edges of the baking sheet for the best browning. Pick out and discard the pieces of lemon zest. Roast the potatoes until browned on bottom, 10 to 15 minutes. Flip and continue to roast until tender, 5 minutes.
- Return the potatoes to the bowl in which you tossed them with the oil, or put them in a clean serving bowl. If they seem a bit dry, drizzle them with a little more olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yummo! I also used the dried herbs only because I didn't want to pay the price for the fresh. We loved the lemon flavor that was brought out in these tasty little bits of potato. I cooked mine a tad longer because we like them on the crisp side. I would say it was about 10 mins more. Love the clean up with the parchment paper. I have to remember that...made with red potatoes. This is a keeper. Thanks for posting. :)Reply
see 8 more