Roasted Nugget Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs small white potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (not spicy)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In bowl mix together oil and spices and herbs.
- wash and quarter potatoes.
- Put potatoes into oil mixture and toss to coat.
- When oven is heated, put potatoes onto a cookie sheet and pop into the oven, for about 25-30 minutes depending on your oven.
- Watch them in the last 10 minutes, they don't taste so good burnt.
- Potatoes are done when a fork easily goes into a large piece of potato, and skin is crispy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These little potatoe bites were packed with spicy flavor. I used red potatoes..My husband really liked these potatoes. Went well with our dinner of Puerto rican Pernil#115565,with sauce #31020 and Southern style baked beans #113542 and dessert#37143Dutch apple pie..I will be making these potatoes again..Thank U....
Very nice potatoes - and with that bit of a kick that another reviewer mentioned. I did these in an aluminum tray over the BBQ and they were not ready after 30 mins (probably the BBQ wasn't hot enough)... so I popped them into a microwavable dish & cooked 2 mins in the microwave - turned out perfect! Next time I will start them earlier!
These were excellent. I cut the spices in half because I only used one pound of potatoes and I added 1/4 tsp. of cumin. I used a 1/2 lb. of new red and a 1/2 pound of new yukon gold potatoes. I didn't have the cayenne so I added hot sauce in with the olive oil and I also added some chili oil. I was already baking something @ 375 degrees so I left the potatoes in for about 45 minutes. I also added a medium onion sliced. I will definately be making these again and again.
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a teacher who enjoys baking. I love this site and refer to it all the time.