Rio Mambo Salsa Verde
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Though traditionally made in a molcajete, a blender is a lot easier for this gringo. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping, dunk warm tortillas in it or use as a sauce for chicken or steak.
- Ready In:
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 serrano chilies, seeded (or leave in the seeds for a more fiery salsa)
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 poblano chiles, roasted and peeled (or use a can of chopped green chiles)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves (about 1/2 bunch)
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro leaf (about 1/2 bunch)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a dry cast-iron skillet over high heat, toast the unpeeled garlic, serrano peppers, and pumpkin seeds until browned.
- Peel the garlic and place in a blender with the serranos, pumpkin seeds, poblanos, parsley, cilantro, oil and lime juice.
- Blend until smooth. (I prefer it left a little chunky rather than totally smooth.) Season with the salt and pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION