photo by DBulanda
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 (3 lb) container ricotta cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb salami
- 1⁄2 lb ham
- 1⁄2 lb pepperoni (have deli person slice meat thick and then cut into chunks)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- Combine all ingredients (except for pastry lined pie plates) in large bowl.
- Pile mixture into pie plates.
- Bake at 350°F for about a hour or until golden brown and set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These came out so beautiful. I'm going to an Italian dinner party tonight and I was looking for something different to take. I took the suggestion of adding spinach sauted w/garlic and olive oil to one pie just to make it different. I also used spicy Capicolla instead of the ham. I also put sliced tomatoes on top and sprinkled some parm. cheese on top the last 20 min. of baking. I can't wait to try these tonight! Richard thanks for sharing.
see 15 more reviews
YUMMY. made a few personal modifications. first off, i only need 1 pie, so I halved the ingredients. next, I substituted ground, cooked Italian sausage for the ham/prosciutto. I also added chopped, cooked spinach and thinly sliced tomatoes (seeded) on top. After baking I served with warm marinara on top. super good. The filling would also be stellar in manacotti, lasagna or a calzone, IMO. thanks for sharing a real keeper!