Rich & Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
photo by Air Force Mama
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 5 -6 medium russet potatoes
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 8 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded (might have to shred yourself as these usually come in blocks)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 11 x 7 x 2 inch metal or glass rectangle pan (or any 2-quart baking dish).
- Peel and thinly slice all the potatoes.
- Arrange 1/3 of the potato slices in a single layer on the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Pour 1/3 of the heavy cream and 1/3 of the melted butter over the sliced potatoes.
- Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the gruyere cheese over the sliced potatoes.
- Repeat steps 4 - 7 twice more.
- Bake the potatoes in a preheated oven for 60 minutes.
- Once finished, the cheese on top will turn a nice brown color and be slightly crispy. For an even darker color and an even more crispy texture, leave in oven for an additional 5 - 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!