Reine De Saba
- Ready In:
- 125 g dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon espresso coffee
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 3⁄4 cup almond meal
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Preheat ovent to 160°C.
- Butter an 18cm springform tin and line with baking paper.
- Place chocolate, coffee and brandy in a bowl over simmering water and melt chocolate. Once melted stir together adding the chopped softened butter. Add almond meal and stir well.
- Remove bowl from the heat.
- Lightly beat the egg yolks and stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peak. Lighten chocolate mixture with a spoon of the egg whites, then fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the cake is firm at the edges and slightly soft in the centre.
- Cool completely in the tin before sliding onto serving plate.
- Dust with the icing sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Recently relocated to Queensland, warmer seas for sailing and fishing. Aside from cooking for my family I do cake decorating (mainly wedding cakes) and recently unusual jams - adding spices and herb - and preserves and cheese making