photo by patti k.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups fresh raspberries or 3 cups frozen raspberries
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup brandy (optional)
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch or 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- In a medium size saucepan, add raspberries and sugar and bring to a boil mixing well until sugar is dissolved.
- Strain through a very fine sieve or a cheesecloth.
- Return puree' to saucepan.
- Add lemon juice and Brandy and stir well.
- In a cup, mix together tapioca starch and water until smooth.
- Bring raspberry puree' back to boil and add tapioca starch mixture slowly using a whisk to mix well until sauce thickens to your desired consistency.
- You may use this sauce hot or let it cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 7 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Burnaby, British Columbia. I am retired and have written a cookbook entitled, From Uncle Bill's Kitchen. I am a recipe developer, author, publisher, distributor and a chef. My cookbook is very unique as I have a Nutrient Analysis for each ingredient used in each recipe that shows you the values for Calories, Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. A high-lighted bar shows the values on a per serving basis plus the Fat/Cal%. From Uncle Bill's Kitchen contains tried-and-true, tested, easy to follow reipes for both novice and experienced cooks. You'll find old Russian, Ukrainian, and other ethnic favorites, along with modern West Coast dishes. The Nutrient Analysis will please the health conscious. Uncle Bill's favorite recipes will reward efforts of the most creative cook and provide the family with many tantalizing, healthful meals. I have appeared on 48 various Television Shows in Vancouver, Burnaby, Kelowna and Kamploops, B.C. Canada, as well as in Palm Springs, CA. In Palm Springs, CA, I have been a Guest on the JACKIE OLDEN RADIO SHOW and THE JOEY ENGLISH RADIO SHOW, twice a year since 1998. I also do demo cooking shows at CHAPTERS BOOK STORES, SAVE-ON-FOOD STORES, GALLOWAY'S FOODS, WESTMINSTER PUBLIC QUAY MARKET, and in the U.S. at BARNES & NOBLE BOOKSTORES in Palm Springs, CA, Phoenix and Yuma, AZ. I was in Palm Springs, CA from June 10th to July 14th. 2002 and again appeared twice on the Jackie Olden Show, twice on the Joey English Show and pre-taped a TV COOKING SHOW with Jackie Olden that is aired on TV from Palm Springs, CA to Los Angeles, CA.