Raspberry Chocolate Hazelnut Tart
- Ready In:
- 2 cups hazelnuts (toasted and skins rubbed off)
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 pint fresh raspberry
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- In a food processor, finely grind the nuts, then add the sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the butter and process until moist clumps form.
- Press into a tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Bake until golden brown and firm to touch, 5-10 minutes (watch closely).
- Transfer to a rack and allow to cool completely.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a heavy saucepan.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the crust. Chill until set, about 1 hour.
- Arrange the raspberries on top.
- Stir the jam in a heavy small saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Brush the melted jam over the raspberries.
- Garnish with a little whipped cream, or shaved chocolate and a sprig of fresh mint if you would like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!