No need to cook the noodles first, and only 240 calories per serving. This is from the book, "Quick & Healthy" by Brenda J. Ponichtera. I use the recipe as a starting point and change it however the mood strikes. If you don't have or don't like Ricotta, use three cups of cottage cheese, and process 2 cups in the food processor.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce (less than 4 g fat per 4 oz)
- 2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 4 ounces grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 lb uncooked lasagna noodle
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch pan with non-stick coating.
- Mix Ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, parsley, and garlic.
- Pour 1 cup of sauce in bottom of pan.
- Arrange 1/3 of the noodles in the pan so that they touch but do not overlap.
- Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Top with 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese.
- Top this with 1 cup of sauce, 1/3 of the noodles, the remainder of the cheese mixture and the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
- Add another cup of sauce, another layer of noodles, and the remainder of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered tightly with aluminum foil for one hour.
- (This can be put together ahead of time and refrigerated. Increase the baking time by 15 minutes if it has been refrigerated.).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a really solid starter lasagna recipe! I took some liberties with the amounts (halved the recipe, used more than half of the sauce, added a final top layer of mozzarella, added more spices). I also added some fake ground meat. It turned out really well and left overs still tasted fantastic. Thanks!Reply
I had a craving for lasagne, but was not up for the task of my 3 hour version. I'm so glad to have tried this G! It's sooo easy! And GOOD! I dressed up the sauce a bit, with extra seasonings...I think it would be great with chopped peppers and onions, and maybe a meat sauce. The prep for this was just too easy, I had my lasagne in the oven in about 15 minutes! I uncovered the pan for the last 15 minutes and upped the heat a bit to brown the top. YUM! Thanks G! :)1Reply