Quick Breakfast Bars
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup soymilk (or any non-dairy milk substitute)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup egg substitute, egg beaters
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup yam, mashed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 scoops protein powder (I like the vanilla one)
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon flax seed, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon stevia
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Combine all ingredients.
- Pour in large greased casserole pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
- Store in an air-tight container or individually wrap and freeze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> I live with my husband in Joliet, IL. I'm a network administrator and also teach step aerobics. My hobby during warmer weather is my vegetable garden. I love to cook and make up interesting recipes. I've recently been put on a restricted diet. No dairy, gluten, wheat, oats, sugar. So, I'm looking for ways to spice up my meals. I cook non-restricted meals often as my husband can eat whatever he wants and I love to cook for him. But, once a week, I make him something "interesting" and healthy and he has to at least try it. So far, it's been a big hit.