Quick, Easy Oatmeal Bars With Chocolate Topping
photo by DuChick
- Ready In:
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Add the flour and oatmeal.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening and melt in a double boiler or carefully in a saucepan.
- Spread over baked mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Your mom knew a good recipe when she found one! I'm glad you shared it with us. It was definitely a quick one to pull together and the oatmeal makes me feel better about eating a yummy bar! I sprinkled half with nuts and left the other half plain for my nutty kids. Made, reviewed and photo-ed for PAC Spring '08.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am trying to eat healthier, which means eating out less and cooking more. I had almost forgotten how much I love to cook!! I am also trying to include more fruits and vegetables in my diet. I live on the north side of Chicago and work as a pianist/piano teacher. For fun, I enjoy biking and going to festivals and farmers' markets. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">