Pumpkin Pineapple Bread
Deliciously moist loaves chocked full of goodness. Great as a snack or tucked into lunch boxes. We loved this with our morning coffee. The ingredients are most often in my pantry/fridge so I can whip this up on a whim. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (optional)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks, drained well
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 2, 9x5 loaf pans. Set Aside.
- In a medium bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ground cardamom, and salt. Mix lightly by hand and set aside.
- On a cutting board run a chefs knife through the pineapple chunks a few times to cut into smaller pieces. Maybe quartered at most. Pat Dry. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add pumpkin, honey, oil, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well with a hand mixer until the oil is well incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix on low to medium speed just until flour mixture is well blended.
- Stir in chopped pineapple and raisins by hand.
- The batter will be thick.
- Divide batter evenly into 2 9x5 loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Cooking times may vary by oven.
- Loaves are done when a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out completely clean. My loaves took 55 minutes.
- Cool in pans on a cooling rack for 30 minutes and then remove loaves to cooling racks to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The pineapple, pumpkin and cardamom got lost in this. Peanut butter took over. This would be good with chocolate chips adding sweetness and some creaminess. The texture was crumble and a bit dry. Perhaps because of the overuse of baking powder. I would cut back on the baking powder to 1 teaspoon. I found it a bit salty tasting as well. Sorry I really hoped this would be good but the squirrels and birds enjoyed it. A nice try!Reply
see 2 more