Pumpkin Pie Bread
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin.
- Stir in flour mixture alternately with water.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For best flavor, store wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for a full day before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
With fall here and pumpkins all over the place, I was wanting to bake some sort of pumpkin-y thing. I am glad I chose this quick bread. This is an excellent recipe! I did add 1 tsp. of vanilla to the wet mixture and 1/2 tsp of cloves to the flour mixture, but other than that, followed the recipe exactly. My loaves were done in 55 min. They made the house smell so good and taste so good as well! Thanks, Annacia, for a keeper! UPDATE: I baked this recipe in 3-8x4 loaf pans at 350 degrees for 46 minutes, and they came out perfect!!
Thanks for the recipe, Annacia. I made this recipe precisely as written. The result was good, but if I made it again, I'd change a few things. It took forever too cook, about 85 minutes with some in & out, so I'd omit the water. I know my oven is accurate, but I'm not sure whether my 3750 ft altitude makes such a difference. Secondly, it needed more spice, so I'd double that. My spices were reasonably fresh. I used 3 tsp. of this spice mix: 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, 1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice and 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves.
see 9 more reviews