Tastes Like Lasagna Soup
This soup is delicious served with garlic bread. Recipe is from Paula Deen.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) box chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups broken lasagna noodles
- 1 (5 ounce) package parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) box italian seasoned croutons
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In large Dutch oven, combine ground beef, onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook over medium -high heat, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until beef is browned and crumbles; drain.
- Stir in broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, brown sugar, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add noodles and simmer until noodles are tender.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat broiler.
- Ladle soup into 10 ovenproof bowls.
- Top with croutons; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil soups, 6 inches from heat, 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Love this soup! Very easy and tastes fantastic. I didn't care for the croutons since they ended up getting soggy in my bowl. When we ate the leftovers the next day I didn't bother with the croutons and mozzarella and it was still yummy and cheesy from the Parmesan. Actually, this was even better the next day since all the flavors melded. I bet it would be good with cubed mozzarella and may try that sometime. I'm also thinking of adding some kidney beans and white beans next time and cooking it all in the crock pot. Thanks for sharing!Reply
see 19 more