Pumpkin Cheesecake in a Pecan Crust
This is from the November, 1996 issue of Bon Appetit Magazine. We have it every Thanksgiving instead of pumpkin pie. You can use any kind of cookie crumbs you like for the crust; this year I used Keebler Cashew Shortbread Sandies and they were fabulous.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup ground pecans
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons golden brown sugar, packed
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crust: Combine all crust ingredients in medium bowl and stir until moist clumps form.
- Press into bottom and 1" up sides of 9" springform pan (2 1/2" deep). Refrigerate.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add pumpkin, sugar, vanilla and spice, and beat until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Pour filling into crust (filling will extend above crust).
- Bake until top is golden and center is softly set, about 1 1/4 hours.
- Cool on rack.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Remove pan sides.
- Garnish cake with chopped pecans.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a perfect Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe Choco!<br/>It was an absolute HIT at the party, and will be made for our own personal treat this Holiday season!<br/>I used Pecan Sandies for the crust, what a tasty change from the everyday graham cracker crust! LOVED it!<br/>Reminded me of a creamy gingerbread flavor...so good!<br/>Thank you for a great new tasty treat sensation!Reply