Prune Nut Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Try this sweetly delicious bread with cream cheese or creamy butter. From the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup prune juice
- 1 cup sour milk or 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups prunes, cooked, pitted and chopped (canned is fine)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease two loaf pans very well.
- Cream butter and sugar; add egg and blend well.
- Combine liquids together; add alternately with whole wheat flour to first mixture.
- Sift white flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Add with prunes and walnuts to first mixture; beat thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for an hour or until bread tests done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION