Pressure Cooker Homemade Chicken and Rice Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup uncooked white rice or 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed white meat chicken
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken meat in a large pressure cooker.
- Lock the lid in place and bring to pressure over high heat, then reduce the heat to the lowest setting that will maintain pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
- Use the natural release. Remove bay leaf.
- Add the chicken meat and bring to a slow simmer without the lid, cooking until the meat is heated through.
- Adjust seasoning as needed before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have 2 young kids: 6 year old and 3 1/2 year old. They keep me busy. I love to cook, though lately I cook less often and not as fancy I would like to. I love to try different recipes and often something new. Sometimes it is good, sometimes not so good. But I am learning to read recipes and estimate end result.</p>