photo by CountryLady
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- Arrange& overlap potato slices in a greased 8 inch pie plate.
- Melt butter in a skillet& stir in salt; drizzle over potatoes.
- Cover plate tightly with foil& bake in preheated 425 oven for 20 minutes.
- Uncover& bake an additional 55 minutes or until potatoes are very tender& crusty; let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Using a metal spatula, carefully loosen the potatoes from the pie plate& place an inverted serving plate over the potatoes; Holding both plates, invert& unmold, then cut into wedges.
Loved it! My whole family really enjoyed trying this new recipe. I wanted to make a larger quantity so I sliced 7 potatoes (left skins on), melted a whole stick of butter (this proved to be too much), kept it at 1 tsp. salt and added freshly ground pepper. I baked it in an 11x7-inch baking dish. I would just suggest making sure you stir the salt in well as we had some rather salty spots in ours. Great recipe to add to my collection! Thank you, CountryLady for sharing this one!
It is not necessary to cover. I melt olive oil & butter & brush on each layer.. Salt & pepper of course. I have finely ground dried rosemary which I sprinkle very lightly on several layers & top off with a sprinkle of grated parmesan & a dash of ceyenne. Okay I changed it slightly but the finished results with the very brown crust of parmesan is fantastic. The best you could ever want a potato taste. Do this in a heavy cast iron skillet. The true secret is too crust the bottom layer of potatoes on top the stove till it sizzles then put in the oven.
see 17 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In the words of Tracy Byrd, "I'm from the country & I like it that way"!! On May 1, 2008 my husband and I started a new adventure. We'll be living in a 37 foot RV while our new home is under construction. Its out in the country on a dead end dirt road with lots of trees. For the next 4 months or so, most meals will be cooked on the BBQ and life will be full of challenges! We love spending quality time with our friends & family - especially the grandkids!! The photo is 4 generations - my 84 year old mother, myself, my daughter & my youngest granddaughter - taken at the end of 2006. I've participated in many contests & events here on Zaar but this is the first banner that I've posted. My thanks to Dreamgoddess for hosting the contest & SusieD for the banner design! <img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/Dreamgoddess555/Narrow1-1.jpg">