Pork Roast With Yellow Potatoes
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 1 pork shoulder, roast with the bone and rind about 2 kg (4 lbs)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup water
- 8 yukon gold potatoes, peeled, halved (or quartered)
- salt and pepper
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 170 °C (325 °F).
- With the tip of a knife, make incisions in the roast and insert the garlic slices.
- In a large pan, preferably enameled cast iron, brown the roast in the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, brown the onions with the mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Add the broth and return the roast to the pan. Cover and bake for about 3 hours and 30 minutes or until the meat falls easily off the bone. Keep the roast warm on a plate, covered with aluminum foil.
- In the same pan, bring the broth and potatoes to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until the potatoes are tender. Add water, if needed.
- Serve the roast, cut into pieces, with the potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><strong><span>I'm the host of Bargain Basement tag game in the cooking game forum. You're welcome to play anytime. You'll be surprised to find great recipes that were never reviewed. <br /></span></strong></p> <p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</p> <p><strong><span>I want to say a big thank you to everyone who tries my recipes and post photos. I don't always have the time to say thanks to each of you but be sure it's so appreciated :)</span></strong></p> <p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</p> <p> </p> <p><img src=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/zwt6%20banners%20and%20photos/captain.jpg alt=width=150 height=200 /></p> <p><br /><img src=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/emmyduckie/zwt/ZwizzleBadge.jpg alt=width=200 height=300 /><br /> <br /><a title=banner3 href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/26630178@N05/3510953178></a><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/3510953178_b35b3086a8.jpg alt=banner3 width=500 height=250 /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/captain.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> By Brooke The Cook in WI <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><a href=http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?p=3510511#3510511> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /> <br /></a><a title=Photo href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/boomette1/514183676></a><img src=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/252/514183676_f79b486466_m.jpg alt=good width=240 height=137 /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></p> <p><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/ZTAA-sm.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p> <p><img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/Pets-STKR.jpg alt=width=200 height=200 /></p>