Pork Roast With a Cranberry Glaze
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin roast, center-cut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard (or spicy brown mustard)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- PORK ROAST: Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly on pork roast. Place roast on a rack coated with cooking spray in roasting pan (or in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan).
- CRANBERRY GLAZE: Preheat oven to 425°F In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together chutney ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour chutney mixture evenly over pork.
- Bake for 20 minutes, baste the roast, and continue cooking for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160°F,.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with apples and thyme sprig, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Original Zaaarite. Food lovers. Lynnda passed away in March 2020. Her recipes live on here for everyone to enjoy and Rick continues the tradition. We will forever live together through our food. Live well. Eat well.?