Stuffed Turkey Breast With Cranberry Glaze
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups dry bread, cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 skinless boneless turkey breast, weighing 2 to 3 lbs or 1 to 1-1/2 kg
- To make stuffing, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and saute the onion, celery and carrots for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add stock and seasonings; remove from heat.
- Mix in bread cubes and cool slightly.
- For glaze, mix all glaze ingredients in a medium-sized bowl; set aside 1/2 cup to serve, cold, with meal.
- To make turkey, preheat oven to 325F and lightly grease a baking dish or a small roasting pan.
- Place turkey breast on your cutting board and, holding a knife parallel to the board, slice meat through middle, leaving last inch intact.
- Open meat like a book and cover with plastic wrap; pound with a meat mallet to even thickness.
- Cover one side of meat with stuffing.
- Fold other side over and secure with toothpicks along the edges.
- Transfer to your baking dish and pour remaining cranberry glaze over.
- Bake, uncovered, for 60 to 90 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Join The Conversation