Stuffed Turkey Breast
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 25mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package croutons with bacon bits
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry, dressing
- 1 (5 lb) turkey breast, uncooked
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cheesecloth, for each breast half
- dry white wine, for basting
- Combine butter, onion, celery, croutons, broth, parsley, and poultry seasoning.
- Cut turkey breast in thick slices from the breastbone to rib cage, leaving slices attached to bone(crosswise across breast).
- Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper.
- Soak cheesecloths (24 x 26) in wine. Place turkey on cheesecloth, and stuff bread mixture into slits between turkey slices.
- Fold one end of cheesecloth over the other to cover meat.
- Place on metal rack in a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low 7-9 hours, or until tender, pouring additional wine over turkey during cooking.
- Remove from pot and remove cheesecloth immediately.
- If browner breast is preferred, remove from pot and brown in oven at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing through, and serving.
- To thicken the drippings if you wish, for the gravy mix 3 tablespoons cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water. When smooth, stir into broth, with turkey removed from cooker.
- Turn cooker to high, and stir until cornstarch paste is dissolved.
- Allow to cook 10 minutes, until broth is thickened, and smooth.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello everyone, My name is Doug and I am the host of I recommend tag.I am in my early 40's, I am married, with two children. Michael 14, and katherine 10 . I started to learn to cook, after I got married, when my wife started working nights, and I couldn't get around because I had my entire left leg rebuilt. I just completed remodeling my entire house, and am very active at volunteering at my childrens schools.<br />Rating System <br />5 stars- Outstanding (4 out 4 ) in family enjoyed. <br />4 stars - Very good (3 out of 4) in family enjoyed. Will make no adjustments. <br />3 stars - good, might consider an adjustment <br />2 stars- Okay- will make adjustment <br />1 star- debatable I will make again, would with right adjustment <br />0 stars - Will not attempt again.</p>