Pork, Potato, and Fennel Casserole
- Ready In:
- 14hrs 30mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean pork tenderloin or 2 1/2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces pancetta, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemons, zest of
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place pork in a marinade of thyme, fennel seeds, garlic and wine for 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain pork from marinade, reserving marinade, and pat pork dry.
- Remove fronds from fennel and reserve; cut bulbs into 6 sections and set aside until needed.
- Cook pancetta in 2 tbsp of the olive oil until the fat renders, then place pancetta in the bottom of crockpot.
- In the remaining oil in pan, add onions, fennel, and potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place vegetables into the crockpot.
- Dredge pork in flour and shake away excess.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil to pan and cook pork until browned on all sides.
- Add marinade to the pan, season with salt and pepper, bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes.
- Place pork/marinade mixture into crockpot and stir everything together.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until pork is tender and cooked through.
- To serve, garnish with lemon zest, garlic, parsley, and fennel fronds before plating.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org