Creamy Artichoke and Fennel Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A creamy easy quick casserole that is just true comfort food. Easy to prepare and always loved by family, friends and guests.
- Ready In:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and just rough chopped
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄4 cups gruyere, shredded (or you can use swiss cheese)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup thin sliced fennel
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil to saute the vegetables
- 1 cup thin sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Vegetables -- In a small sauce pan on medium heat, add the olive oil then onion, fennel, and garlic and cook on medium low to sweat and slowly cook until slightly soft, about 5 minutes. Remove and transfer to a medium size bowl.
- Mix -- In that bowl with the onion and fennel, add the artichokes, cheese, garlic, mayonnaise, salt and pepper, and parsley. Spread in a greased 13x9 pan and sprinkle with paprika.
- Topping -- Melt the butter in a measuring cup or small microwavable bowl just in the microwave for 10 seconds and then add the breadcrumbs and parsley and mix well. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake -- Heat a oven to 350 degrees and cook on the middle rack for about 30 minutes uncovered until bubbly and golden brown on top. Serve and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION