Crispy Crab Cakes With Mango Salsa
- Ready In:
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat, picked over to remove cartiledge
- salt and pepper
- crisco canola oil (for frying)
- 2 cups mangoes, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons crisco canola oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine 1/2 cup breadcrumbs with nexxt 6 ingredients.
- Gently mix in crabmeat; form into 24 cakes.
- Coat the crabcakes in the remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbsd.
- Heat 1/2 inch oil in large, deep skillet to 350°F.
- Carefully add crabcakes in batches and cook, turning once until golden brown.
- Place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve immediately.
- Combine all ingredients; gently mix together, and serve with crabcakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.