Pork Medallions With Blackberry Sauce
photo by PhotodivaJ
- Ready In:
- Sprinkle pork evenly with salt, pepper, and allspice.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Grill pork, covered, over medium-high heat for 20 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160°, turning pork once.
- Remove from grill and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat.
- Add in shallots; stir/saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add in wine; cook 13 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Lower heat to low; whisk in fruit spread and remaining butter; cook 2 minuutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cut pork into 1/4-inch slices.
- Drizzle blackberry sauce over pork; garnish with fresh blackberries and thyme sprigs, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for dinner tonight and it was FABULOUS. My kids (and Hubby) loved it. I used Chardonnay for the wine. Make sure that your blackberry spread is seedless. I didn't read the label carefully enough on mine, so I had to strain it and it was a HUGE pain. I will DEFINITELY make this again (with seedless blackberry spread). More details here: http://www.feedyourkids.com/2007/11/pork_medallions_with_blackberr.html