Pork Chops With Sour Cream Sauce
- Ready In:
- Brown pork chops on both sides; drain oil.
- Add onion, water, caraway seed, paprika, salt, dillweed and garlic powder.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, adding more water if necessary.
- Remove pork chops from skillet; keep warm.
- Stir sour cream into skillet, mixing with pan juices to make a sauce. Pour over chops and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really liked this!! I followed both suggestions--doubling the sauce mix and leaving out the caraway seeds since none were on hand, and everyone REALLY liked it--even my picky-eater, son! I think I might play with it just a bit, since I'm not a caraway seeds fan, perhaps adding some mustard for tang? Thanks!
We really enjoyed this, Gloria. The sauce was perfectly flavored- I was a little skeptical about the dill as I'm not a big fan of it, but there was no need to worry. When ingredients blend together as well as these, so as not to overpower one another, you have a winner. These particular seasonings are very complimentary to pork and the sauce turns out rich & delicious. My only complaint was not enough sauce... next time I will double (maybe even triple) it!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a retired nurse. My husband and I live on an island in Florida and also have a house in Mississippi. We are active traders in the stockmarket. We also have a beautiful new RV and love seeing the good ole USA. Wish we had more time to travel but stay busier now that we are retired than we did when we worked. I love to cook and experiment with recipes. My husband loves to taste and recommend little changes. Life is good.