Pork Chops With Cranberries (Crock Pot)
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 15mins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 -6 pork loin chops, 1-inch thick
- 2 leeks, cleaned and sliced, white only
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 1/2 cup madeira wine or 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large skillet, heat oil to med-hi.
- Add 3 chops and brown on both sides. Transfer to slow cooker. Repeat with remaining chops.
- Drain fat from the pan and reduce heat to medium.
- Add leeks and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, salt & pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Stir in port, marmalade and cranberries and bring to a boil.
- Pour over chops in crock pot. cover and cook on low for 5 hours or high for 2-1/2 hours.
- Serve immediately.
- This is good with egg noodles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Pork chops were a once-a-week meal in my home growing up. I haven't made them much in my own home, but I was in the mood. I had made applesauce, which I love to do this time of year, and pork and applesauce just go together I think. These were ever so tasty, and I didn't change a thing! Big yum.Reply
see 2 more