Polynesian Shrimp Salad
- Ready In:
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks (reserve juice)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 lb medium shrimp (cooked, peeled, and deveined)
- 2 cups pasta shells, cooked
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice and set pineapple aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, curry powder, salt, pepper, and reserved pineapple juice until smooth.
- Bring to a boil and cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Stir in mayonnaise and sour cream.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, pasta, water chestnuts, and reserved pineapple.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.