Pollo En Salsa De Almendra ( Chicken in Almond Sauce)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 chicken, cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 mixed mushrooms, quartered
- 5 fluid ounces dry sherry
- 10 fluid ounces chicken stock
- 4 ounces frozen peas
- 4 ounces almonds, ground
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Mix the flour, salt, and pepper together and coat the chicken pieces with it.
- Save the left over flour to make the sauce with.
- Melt the butter in a pot with the olive oil.
- Fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms till softened. Remove and set aside.
- Place the chicken pieces in the butter/oil and fry till golden brown all over.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the remaining flour to the pot and cook for 1 minute, stir in the sherry and stock, stir to make the sauce.
- Replace the onions and chicken to the pot, make sure that the chicken is JUST covered with liquid, add more stock if needed.
- Partially cover the pot, reduce the heat and cook till chicken is tender.
- Add the peas, parsley and almonds. Stir to blend all together.
- The sauce should be fairly thick. If it is too liquid, remove the lid and boil for a few minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Living in Spain, you immediately get a feel of how this tastes before you even start. Of all the recipes for this dish you will find, I have now cooked this twice and with the exception of adding the almost compulsory bay leaf off my own tree, this is truly as good as any Spanish celeb chef could produce. Wonderful, Brian! I served this with a jacket potato and a little rice to absorb the sauce. Will come down to see you soon, promise!