Pinwheel Italian Calzones
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent roll dough
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, green pepper and onion. Set aside.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate into 4 rectangles. Press the remaining perforations together to seal. Spread the filling evenly onto the rectangles. Roll up the filling inside the dough starting at the short side. Slice each finished roll into four slices, and place cut side down onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned. While the pinwheels are baking, warm the pizza sauce. Serve the pinwheels with pizza sauce in small cups for dipping.
Join The Conversation
These are so good! I had to cut out the mushrooms on account of picky eaters (boyfriend) but they were still amazing, the first time I made them one of boyfriend's buddies grabbed his keys and asked what I needed to make another batch before the first one was even gone! These are now requested on almost weekly basis. Thank you!