Pineapple Pork Chops With Cashews
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A recipe taken from Coup de Pouce. This is for the barbecue.
- Ready In:
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup roasted cashews, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- With a long knife, remove the two ends of the pineapple. Put the pineapple to the vertical and remove the peel from the top to the bottom, trying not to remove too much flesh. Cut the pineapple in half vertically, then remove the core. Cut the pineapple horizontally to do slices. In that way, you'll have slices of pineapple in shape of half-moon.
- Put salt and pepper on pork chops. Set the barbecue to medium heat. Put the pork chops on an oiled grill of the barbecue and cook without closing the cover for 4 minutes. Flip the pork chops and add pineapple slices on the grill. Baste pork chops and pineapple with 2 tablespoon of the marmelade and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until pork chops are golden outside and lightly pink inside (flip the pineapple slices at mid-cooking).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix yogurt and remaining of marmelade. When ready to serve, distribute pork chops and pineapple slices in 4 plates. Garnish with the mixture of yogurt and sprinkle with cashews.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Managed this recipe yesterday (cool but no rain) on the grill & it made for A GREAT DINNER! I had thought that a good pineapple was beyond me this time of year, but Costco came through beautifully! We really enjoyed the addition of the yogurt AND the roasted nuts! Thanks for a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday!]Reply