Pineapple Coffee Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced pineapple chunks (blotted dry and coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and coat an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk both flours, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk egg, yogurt, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add ingredients from step 2 and stir with spatula until blended (Do Not Overmix).
- Fold in pineapple, and scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Combine pecans and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl, and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake cake until the top is golden brown, and a toothpick inserted comes out clean(50-55 minutes.).
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation