Pineapple and Pork Tacos With Avocado Crema
photo by dakotah
- Ready In:
pork and pineapple
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin, called trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (I use more "all the pork tenderloin")
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (I had to use a little for the extra batches)
- 1⁄4 fresh pineapple, cored and sliced crosswise (I use 1 can chunks)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 corn tortillas, 6-inch diameter (I use flour)
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- To prepare the pork and pineapple: In a cup, mix the sugar, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, pepper, and salt. Mix half of the spices with pork, then toss with the oil. Mix the remaining spices with the pineapple. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes while preparing the avocado crema.
- To prepare the avocado crema: Whisk the avocado with the sour cream, lime juice, and salt in a small bowl. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface to keep the crema fresh looking.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with olive oil spray. Warm over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the pork and cook. turning once or twice, for 8 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Add the cilantro and toss to combine. Transfer to a clean plate and cover loosely to keep warm. ( I put in warm oven).
- Add the pineapple to the pan and cook, turning once or twice, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Remove from the heat.
- To assemble each serving, place 3 tortillas on a plate. Divide 1/4 of the pork and pineapple between each tortilla Top with the crema. Delicious!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!