Peppered Tuna With Mushroom Sauce
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat until lightly brown.
- Add mushrooms and saute 4-7 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
- Stir in Plum sauce, soy sauce, and ground ginger.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Simmer, stirring often 3-4 minutes.
- Keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle tuna evenly with pepper.
- Cook 4 minutes each side (rare) or until desired amount of doneness.
- Serve with warm sauce.
- Serves 6.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful dish! This had a great combination of flavors and was a very pretty dish. I was able to find two really fresh steaks and made all of the sauce - we love our sauces, lol. I didn't have ground ginger so grated a little fresh ginger root which added a nice little kick. Thanks Bev for a simple and tasty dinner.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.