Peppered Chicken or Pork Stir Fry.
photo by JoyfulCook
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 1/2 lb chicken thighs, cubed or 1/2 lb pork loin, cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 dried bird's eye chile
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soya sauce, light
- 1⁄4 tablespoon soya sauce, dark
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornflour, heaped
- 4 cups Chinese vegetables, prepared
- Marinade the chicken or pork in the sherry, 1 tablespoon of Soya sauce, and half of the garlic and ginger. Add the black pepper and return to fridge for as long as possible.
- Prepare vegetables, of your own choice, i.e. bok choy, bean sprouts, capsicum, onion, broccoli, asparagus, Chinese leaf, baby corn--a mixture is great.
- Blanche asparagus and broccoli for two minutes before adding to the other vegetables. Add the remaining garlic and ginger plus the chili, crushed over the vegetables.
- Add the remaining1/2 tablespoon of light soya sauce and the dark soya sauce and sesame oil to the chicken stock and thicken with the corn flour.
- Drain excess marinade into the chicken stock.
- Heat wok; add half of the oil and stir fry the vegetables. Place in warm oven. Add remainder of the oil to wok and quickly stir fry the meat for just a minute or two. Add the liquid, stir until it thickens.
- Toss the vegetables in and quickly stir.
- Serve with fried rice or noodles of your choice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We now reside back in England after returning from Australia after most of our working life there. I have been fortunate enough to have lived in many countries when I was younger and therefore many of my recipes reflect this! Love to cook. love to travel too