Pepper Steak With Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean beef steak, cut in slices
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup diced green onion, including tops
- 2 green peppers, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, low-salt
- 2 fresh tomatoes, cut in eighths
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (or can use white and wild rice)
- Pound steak 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with paprika. Cut in strips. Let stand for 10 minutes. Brown meat in olive oil and add garlic and broth.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes. Add onions, peppers and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch in water and soy sauce. Stir into meat mixture. Cook for 2 more minutes and serve over hot rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I learned how to cook since I was young helping my dear Mom in the kitchen. Also like to combine ideas or ingredients from different recipes to create some of my own, so my dear husband and my family enjoy what I cook.