Penne With Creamy Garlic Sauce
This delicious pasta dish came off the back of San Giorgio's Penne Rigate pasta box. We love it. Sometimes I add sauteed chicken breast to it for a complete meal.
- Ready In:
- 1 (1 lb) package penne rigate
- 2 tablespoons butter (I also add 2 tbsp olive oil)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup chicken or 3/4 cup beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3/4 cup light cream
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated (I use more)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt butter; add garlic (I add the extra olive oil now).
- Cook over medium heat 1 minute.
- Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth and milk or cream.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce; serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very good recipe. I used the recipe as a starting point. I wanted some vegetables and protein so I added some cauliflower and some canned salmon. I used half heavy whipping cream and half 2% milk. Still nice and creamy. I didn't have broth so I used some chicken bouillon and water. Oh and I used 4-5 cloves of garlic. I almost always triple the garlic called for since I'm a garlic lover. Thanks for posting the recipe. Very easy to make.