- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, icing sugar and salt until fluffy, then beat in the egg yolks and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, then the pecans.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Form each half into an 11" log and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill for 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Cut the logs in 1/4" thick slices.
- Arrange 1" apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to racks and let cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>