Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake (Diabetic)
This is the diabetic version the same recipe posted on Zaar by someone else. This came from The Diabetic Newsletter. Cook time is chill time. I have not tried this but thought that it sounded really interesting.
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages philadelphia fat free cream cheese, spread
- 1⁄4 cup adams peanut butter (or any no fat added brand.)
- 1 (30 g) package jell-o sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix, 4-serving size
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup Cool Whip Lite
- 1 (6 ounce) keebler graham cracker pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup grape fruit spread
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts
- In a large bowl, stir cream cheese and peanut butter with a spoon until blended and soft.
- Add dry pudding mix, dry milk powder, and water. Mix well using a wire whisk. Blend in 1/4 cup Cool Whip Lite.
- Spread mixture evenly into piecrust.
- Refrigerate while preparing topping.
- In a small bowl, stir fruit spread with a spoon until soft. Add remaining 1/2 cup Cool Whip Lite. Mix gently to combine.
- Evenly spread topping mixture over filling mixture.
- Sprinkle peanuts evenly over top.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Exchanges: 1-1/2 Medium-Fat Meat; 1-1/2 starch; 1 Fat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This was a very tasty dessert. I used Smart Balance creamy peanutbutter. I misread the instructions as I was making this dish and added all 3/4 cup of Cool Whip to my cheese/peanutbutter mixture. So I just put dollops of the jelly (I used strawberry instead of grape) on top of the pie with some peanuts (please see photo, if interested). I used the standard Keebler Graham pie crust, and there was way too much filling for my crust - I could have easily filled 2 pie crusts. I don't know exactly what happened. I just over-filled my pie crust with the filling as I didn't want to waste it and I didn't have another crust. Maybe this is supposed to be over-filled? As there was so much filling, it took much longer to set than 30 minutes. But it was really good. Made for Photo Tag.