Red Pepper Jelly Cheesecake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This has a really different flavor and texture from the average cheddar spread. You can dress it up by putting kale or lettuce around the edges on a plate, and clusters of grapes on the lettuce
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 10 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pepper jelly, divided
- firm cracker, for spreading
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, eggs and garlic with a mixer or in a food processor. Blend in half the jelly.
- Oil a 9 inch springform pan and pour in the mixture. Place on top rack of a preheated 350 oven. Place another pan filled with water on the bottom rack of the oven beneath the springform pan to keep the cheesecake from drying. Bake for 45 minutes or until cake is brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on rack. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Remove ring from springform pan. Spread remaining pepper jelly over the top. Serve with Crackers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this for a bridal shower and it was a definite hit! Got a lot of compliments from guests. Very easy - I didn't even need a mixer; after softening the cream cheese slightly in the microwave, it was easy to mix by hand. I used finely shredded cheddar as I thought it might incorporate better. I also halved the recipe but used 4 oz jelly in the cheesecake and just a little on top. Used a 7 inch springform (that's what I had) and baked for 35 minutes. Soooo tasty - I was happy there was a smidge left to take home with me! Thanks so much for the recipe! - Aug 13, 2006. Update: Made this again for a church gathering and again halved in a 7-inch pan. This time, I could only find (green) jalapeno jelly, which worked just fine. I used 3 oz jelly in the cheesecake and just a little on top. Thanks again for the recipe!Reply
This was pretty good! I made it for a baby shower and it was enjoyed. I think I added too much pepper jelly to the cheesecake mixture because I had to cook longer than 45 minutes to get the center set and the top was a bit brown for my liking. However, it tasted good and I'll definitely try it again.Reply