Pasta With Mushroom Garlic Sauce And Olives
- Ready In:
- 400 g mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 150 ml stock (Use chicken or vegetable stock depending on whether you are making this for a vegetarian or a non-ve)
- 200 ml cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons fresh parsley, washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive, chopped
- Heat butter in a skillet.
- Simmer mushrooms in it.
- Add garlic.
- Pour in stock.
- Stir in cream.
- Boil the sauce, uncovered, until it thickens.
- Add salt, pepper and parsley.
- Transfer the prepared pasta into a serving dish.
- Pour the above prepared sauce over the pasta.
- Top with olives.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I'm surprised this recipe hasn't been reviewed previously as it has common ingredients and is a quick meal to prepare. Even better it tastes good and my 3 year old ate it with gusto. I used the Australian mountain pepper instead of ordinary pepper, and pasta spirals for the pasta. Otherwise the recipe was made as written. The olives provide a nice salty touch which often is lacking with cream based pasta sauces. Thanks Char!
Did you know that pasta is low in fat and high in complex carbohydrates which gives you energy? A half cup serving of cooked pasta contains a mere 99 calories, less than half a gram of fat and less than 5 mgs. of sodium. It is advised that when making pasta dishes, one must choose a pasta shape and sauce that complement each other.