Pasta With Creamy Cajun Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 lb dry pasta
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (or creole)
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup white wine fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon (optional)
- In large stockpot, boil water for pasta.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. When shimmering, add onions. Fry for 2 minutes. Add garlic, fry additional 1 minute until fragrant. Add the white wine and chicken base (stir chicken base in the wine first & mix well before adding to pan.).
- Using your spatula, scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Let the wine reduce to half – about 3 minutes. In the meantime, boil your pasta, ending one minute shy of done.
- Add cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, paprika and tomato paste. Stir.
- Add heavy cream. When the cream mixture is almost bubbling, turn heat to low. Let the crème mixture reduce to half – about 5 minutes. Drain the pasta well – add pasta to the crème sauce. Toss with freshly chopped parsley and some cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
So good! This recipe was simple to make, had a great creamy texture, and plenty of flavor. It had some kick to it, but not overwhelming. Our 4 year old wrinkled up her nose as she took the required 1 bite and then said "Yummy, yummy, more more!!!!!"...she even had seconds! That's a HUGE compliment in our house! We made this as a side dish to our crab cakes.