- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 5 large potatoes, peeled (about 3 pounds)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ground pepper (a few grinds)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 6 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 onion, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan in water to cover. Bring the water to a boil and simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Drain and mash the potatoes.
- Beat the eggs until frothy. Add the salt, pepper, cumin, parsley, turmeric, garlic and onion. Fold in the potatoes and mix well.
- Spread in a baking pan and bake in the oven for about 50 minutes or until the top is golden and crusty and the potatoes spring away from the sides of the pan. Cool slightly before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Sara Chana (z'l) was a beloved daughter, wife and mother. She was the wife of a Rabbi and entertained many people in their home, especially on the Sabbath and Jewish Holidays. She loved to cook and to share her recipes. She was a very active member of the Kosher & Jewish Cooking Forum and was loved by many members here as well. She lost a valiant fight against cancer and we miss her very much. May her recipes continue to nourish many people, as she did during her life. <br /><br />If you have a question about one of her recipes, please post in the Kosher & Jewish Cooking Forum <a href=http://www.food.com/bb/viewforum.zsp?f=29 target=_blank>http://www.food.com/bb/viewforum.zsp?f=29</a> and we will try our best to answer them.</p> <p>Saralaya</p>