MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
When you didn't have oysters and you wanted oyster stew what did you do? From an old recipe.
- Ready In:
- 2 (1 lb) eggplants
- 1 quart sweet milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Peel the eggplant and cut into 1 inch cubes then boil in a small bit of water for 10 minutes.
- Drain then add the milk, butter, salt and crackers.
- Simmer five minutes.
- Serve hot.
- If using the onions and celery saute them in 3 tbsp of butter and add to soup mix. Add the hot sauce or Worcestershire sauce before serving or during simmer.
- Note: Non Vegetarians can use regular worcestershire sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION